Tampa Couple Arrested for Multiple Bank Robberies
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa couple is facing federal charges for an alleged bank-robbing spree that spanned two states.
The Tampa Tribune reports that FBI agents arrested twenty-eight-year-old Immanuel Lee Williams and his wife, Cara Lee, this week at their Tampa home. The two are accused of robbing 13 banks in Florida and two in Alabama. Authorities say they used disguises and notes to demand money.
Federal investigators say the robberies took place between December 2012 and October of this year. Each of the suspects faces a maximum penalty of 20 years in federal prison.
Investigators say the robberies followed a pattern. The couple allegedly used gloves, afro-style wigs and demand notes written on yellow index cards.
Immanuel Lee Williams is being held without bail. A bond hearing for Cara Lee Williams is set for Nov. 14.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 4 Arrested For Multiple Bank Robberies
- Highway Robbery, 3 Tampa Area Men Arrested in Alachua County
- Couple Arrested for Motel Robbery
- Bank Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Bank robbery suspect arrested
- Couple Arrested Over Child Abuse
- Police: Tampa Man, 73, Robs Three Banks To Pay Mortgage
- Bank Robbery Fail
- Bank Robbery in California Brings Questions
- PNC Bank Robbery