Boy Killed During Street Race
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) - Police say a 12-year-old boy has died days after being struck by a car that was street racing through a South Florida neighborhood.
Miami Gardens police say Nicholas Murrell was playing football with his friends when he was struck Thursday.
WFOR-TV reports the boy went to retrieve the ball in the middle of the road when a black Mercedes raced by followed by a red Camaro. Police said the driver of the Camaro didn't stop.
The boy was airlifted to the hospital and was pronounced dead Friday.
Authorities are offering a $3,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. Tipsters should call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-8477.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man Killed During Race at Bronson Speedway
- Lightning Strikes Boy During Football Practice
- Man Killed During Police Pursuit
- 2 Murder Suspects, Teen Killed During Police Crash
- High School Student Killed During Fight
- Sheriff: Searchers recovered body of 2-year-old boy killed by an alligator at Walt Disney World
- Suspect in 4 killings arrested, missing boy found safe
- Main Street Businesses Suffering During Construction
- Attorney Says Boy Did Not Intend To Shoot Anyone During High School Shooting
- Pedestrian Killed While Crossing Street