Dog Missing for Five Years Returned to Owner
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A small dog that wandered away from its owner in South Florida five years ago is finally back home.
Jessica Namath, the daughter of former New York Jets football star Joe Namath, had her Shih Tzu mix named Tula with her in a Jupiter backyard five years ago. The dog wandered into the front yard, and when Namath went to look for it, the dog was gone.
Namath tells the Tampa Bay Times that she was shocked to get a phone call Wednesday about the missing dog. The caller was Michael Cecere of St. Petersburg, who found had found the dog in front of his car.
He took the dog to an animal hospital, where a tracking chip was found in the dog. Namath and Tula were reunited Thursday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death
- Missing Dogs Found at Phoenix Animal Rescue, Owners Say They Struggled to Get Them Back
- Missing dog reunites with owner
- Detective Tracks Down Dog's Owner in Hospital
- Five Tax Moves To Make By Year End
- Amber Alert issued for missing Citrus County 1-year-old and 3-year-old
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Woman Missing for Years Now in Panhandle Jail
- Investigators Search for a Missing 16-year-old
- UF Student Missing for 23 Years