Fort De Soto Park Closed After Water Outage
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A water outage has forced authorities to close Fort De Soto Park in St. Petersburg.
Pinellas County spokesman Tom Iovino says officials became aware of a drop in water pressure just north of the park early Saturday.
All restrooms, showers and water fountains are inoperative.
A boil water notice has been put into effect for campers still at the park and residents living in nearby southern Tierra Verde.
Iovino says the cause of the drop in water pressure is still unknown. A pipe break is one possibility. The water will be tested for any contaminants once it comes back on.
- Families upset over Silver Springs water park closing
- Water Parks Have Deal for Floridians
- Man accused of groping 6 people at Disney water park
- O'Leno State Park Closes Swimming Area
- Cox services restored after state outage
- School Reopens After Shooting In Parking Lot
- Florida Beach Closed After Reports Of Shark Bite
- School Closed for Cleaning After Students Get Sick
- Diver's father wants cave closed after deaths
- Fort White residents frustrated with water problem