Cousins Graduate Together, Continue Family Tradition
MIAMI - Two men are continuing a family legacy at one medical school in Miami.
Phillip and Paul Tenzel are first cousins who received their doctor of medicine degrees on Saturday from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. And they're not the first to do so in their family.
Their fathers and an uncle are ophthalmologists and Miller School alums. Their grandfather, Richard Tenzel, taught and practiced at the school's Bascom Palmer Eye Institute from 1960 to 1991. On Match Day, the cousins wore a bowtie and light blue jacket in honor of their grandfather.
Phillip Tenzel will continue the ophthalmology tradition while Paul Tenzel's residency is in general surgery.
- A Family That Exercises Together, Stays Healthy Together
- Chess Team at Oak Hall School Continues Tradition of Success
- Team Lundy Bands Together to Support Family of Injured Deputy
- Two Families in Different States Brought Together by Balloons
- Lake City Community Comes Together to Show Support for Cason Family
- UF and FSU to work together to solve citrus greening
- Gator Player Janoris Jenkins Wants to Continue No. 1 Tradition
- Healthy Families Graduation
- A Family Affair: McGriff Football Tradition Lives On
- One Family's Fight Against AvMed Continues