Woman Caught After Escaping from Jail
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a woman wearing a rainbow dress walked out of the Jacksonville Jail before being booked on a domestic battery charge.
Sgt. Matthew Clements told The Florida Times-Union 32-year-old Trisawanna R. Mitchell passed through an open gate that allows police vehicles to enter the jail on Sunday afternoon. He says surveillance footage show the woman pumping her arms as she ran, indicating she was able to remove at least one hand from handcuffs.
Clements says it is police policy for the arresting officer to stay with suspects until they are booked. He says an investigation will be done.
She was brought back into custody early Monday morning.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Man escapes from Florida Panhandle jail
- Inmate returned to jail after escaping
- Teen Escapes from Jail- again
- Two Escaped Inmates Caught
- Escaped Inmate Caught
- Woman Dies After Fall From Fishing Boat
- Woman Rescued from Bridge After Cancer Walk
- Magazine Scammers Caught Trying to Steal Pills from Disabled Woman
- Kidnapped Florida Woman Escapes Abductors in Mississippi
- Local Woman in Jail After Deputies Find 'Elaborate' Mushroom-Growing Operation