2 Men Struck by Cars While Lying on Road
TAMPA, Fla. - One man has died and another is seriously injured after authorities say they were struck by two cars while lying in the middle of a southwest Florida road.
Florida Highway Patrol officials said Stacey Arthur Butcher, 42, of New Port Richey and Christopher Momier, 24, of Gibsonton, were lying on an unlit road Friday night wearing dark clothes. Two cars ran over the men. Authorities said both drivers stopped their cars.
Butcher died at the scene. Momier sustained serious injuries and was transported to Bayonet Point Medical Center.
The crash remains under investigation. It's unclear why the men were laying in the roadway.
- Man Struck by Truck While Crossing the Street and Carrying His Dog
- Black Bear Struck by Car on Interstate
- Boy Dies In Car While Parents At Funeral
- Man Left Child in Car While in Strip Club
- Woman Airlifted To Shands, After Being Struck By Car
- Santa Fe Men's Hoops Win, Women Lose on the Road
- Baby Left in Car While Mother was in a Bar
- Two Crossing Guards Die in a Car Crash While Off Duty
- Woman Dragged By Car While Being Robbed
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on Florida's Turnpike