Woman gets 50 years for killing woman with car
Published August 3rd, 2014
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - A judge has given a 50-year prison sentence to a woman who intentionally ran over two people with her SUV, killing one.
Reports state that 25-year-old Candace Jackson was sentenced Thursday in a St. Johns County courthouse.
Jackson, who was on probation for domestic battery at the time, ran her SUV into girlfriend Shaina Armstrong and her mother, Rosa Lee Armstrong.
Rosa Lee died and Shaina was injured.
Jackson was convicted of murder, attempted murder and aggravated battery, but argued at her sentencing that it was all an accident.
But prosecutors argued that she had accelerated during the crash and cited her history of domestic violence.
- Woman Killed, 5 Year Old Seriously Injured in Car Accident
- Man Gets 25 Years for Killing Woman
- Woman Gets Life For Killing Ex-Husband
- Tampa Woman Gets 7 Years For Baby's Death
- Woman Gets 9 Years for Fatal Crash
- Woman claiming to be doctor, nurse gets 17 years prison
- Fire kills 75 year old woman and at least 44 dogs
- Woman sentenced to 25 years for trying to kill ex-husband
- Woman's Roof has Leaked for Three Years- Now She's Getting a New One
- Homeless woman dies after spending night pinned under car