Florida Man in Custody After Front Loader Chase
Published December 7th, 2014
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A Florida man is in custody after leading police in an hour-long chase while driving a 20-ton construction front loader.
St. Petersburg Police says Donald Clark is charged with two counts of aggravated assault, aggravated fleeing and eluding, trespassing and grand theft.
There was no damage or injury during the incident, which it says began after a man driving a front loader was spotted driving erratically Saturday night. Officers attempted to stop the vehicle -which never exceeded 25 miles per hour -but had no means to do so.
Police say during the chase the front loader ran stop signs, drove over curbs and directly at police cruisers attempting to impede its path. It eventually ran out of fuel and Clark was arrested.
The 32-year-old remains in jail on $35,000 bond.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Archer Man Shot Woman After She Kicked Down His Front Door
- Man in custody after manhunt near I-75
- Clay County man shot and killed in front yard
- Haitians in Custody after Failed Smuggling Attempt
- Man Arrested After High Speed Chase
- Man Arrested after Speed Chase in Levy County
- Man Held on Six Million Dollar Bond after Car Chase
- Man killed after high speed chase with deputies
- Gainesville police arrest man after horse chase
- Union County man caught after high speed chase