Teen indicted on murder charges in face-biting attack
STUART, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida college student accused of killing a couple and chewing on the dead man's face has been indicted on first-degree murder charges.
A Martin County grand jury formally charged 19-year-old Austin Harrouff on Tuesday with two murder counts, attempted murder and burglary.
Harrouff was initially charged with second-degree murder in the Aug. 15 attack on 59-year-old John Stevens, and his wife, 53-year-old Michelle Mishcon, outside their Tequesta home. The indictment enables prosecutors to seek the death penalty against Harrouff.
Deputies say they found the former high school football player and wrestler in his underwear, making animal noises and biting Stevens' face as he pinned his victim's body to the driveway. Authorities say Harrouff also stabbed a neighbor, 47-year-old Jeff Fisher, who tried to help the couple.
- Grand Jury Indicts Suspects in Teen Murder
- Aaron Hernandez Indicted on Murder Charge
- Man indicted on first degree murder charges
- 'Pillow Case Burglars' indicted on murder charges
- Teen Killer Indicted
- Alligator Bites Teen on the Head at Florida Park
- Alligator Bites Off Swimming Teen's Arm in Florida
- Old Murder-Indictment
- Woman Charged with Biting Ear of Another Woman
- Couple Faces Murder Charges