JSO: Robber holding hostages at Jacksonville bank
JACKSONVILLE, Fla -- Jacksonville Sheriff's Office officials and hostage negotiators are on the scene of a reported hostage situation stemming from a bank robbery in Jacksonville authorities said.
A bank robbery was in progress this morning when authorities arrived, and officials said a gunman is now holding hostages inside the bank. Authorities said multiple people are believed to be inside the Community First Credit Union, but the number of people is not clear.
Officials said a 911 call reported that shots were fired inside the bank and that someone may have been shot, but authorities warned at a news conference this morning that they cannot confirm if someone was shot.
It is unknown if there are any injuries, officials said.
SWAT team members are also at the scene, officials said.
Directly across the street from the bank is a day care and church with staff members and children inside. One woman said they are trapped inside the day care and church building because of the police and fire trucks blocking the street. She told ABC News she's not scared, saying, "We have God."
- Bradenton Man Shot By Police After Holding Girlfriend Hostage
- Gainesville Police Search for Wells Fargo Bank Robber
- Gainesville Police ID Bank Robber
- PNC Bank Robber Arrested
- Security Video Shows Getaway of PNC Bank Robber
- Female Bank Robber Arrested
- Ocala Police searching for bank robber
- Bank Robbers on the Run
- Marion County Searching for Bank Robber
- Belleview Police Search For Bank Robber