Technology Spotlight 3/30/10 "Glaucoma Medication"
Glaucoma is called "the sneak thief of sight." But some have a vision for treating it. Their solution involves a not-so-simple contact lens.
People are often prescribed medication in the form of eye drops to treat glaucoma. But researchers here in North Central Florida think they have a better way to apply the medicine.
In The Technology Spotlight, Anuj Chauhan, Ph.D., associate professor of chemical engineering at the University of Florida, explains to TV 20's David Snyder how a special contact lens infused with Vitamin E could someday help people with glaucoma see clearly.
- Technology Spotlight 11/9/10 "Medical Sterilization Process"
- "Tina" Trains Medical Professionals
- Technology Spotlight 3/23/10 "Celebration of Innovation Showcase"
- Technology Spotlight 4/6/10 "RedOx Fuel Cells"
- Technology Spotlight 4/13/10 "Accounting Gone Viral"
- Technology Spotlight 4/20/10 "Exploding Fullerenes"
- Technology Spotlight 4/27/10 "Trailer Invention"
- Technology Spotlight 5/4/10 "Digital Media Program"
- Technology Spotlight 5/11/10 "Network Neutrality"
- Technology Spotlight 5/18/10 "Applied Food Technologies"