Technology spotlight 6/1/10 "Night Vision Technology"
Driving at night can be dangerous. In fact, the most deadly hours of the day for driving are between midnight and 4 AM, according to AAA. But what if every driver had night vision technology built into their windshields? Scientists at UF say they can dramatically reduce the size of night vision technology. They think they can adapt it for car windshields and other interesting applications.
In the Technology Spotlight, Franky So, Ph.D., a professor of Materials Science and Engineering at UF describes to TV 20's David Snyder how this quantum leap forward is similar to going from old school cathode ray tubes in television sets to flat screen models.
- Operation "Night Light" Nabs Three Local Sex Offenders
- Family Spotlight 4/7/11 "Family Safety Night"
- Technology Spotlight 3/23/10 "Celebration of Innovation Showcase"
- Technology Spotlight 3/30/10 "Glaucoma Medication"
- Technology Spotlight 4/6/10 "RedOx Fuel Cells"
- Technology Spotlight 4/13/10 "Accounting Gone Viral"
- Technology Spotlight 4/20/10 "Exploding Fullerenes"
- Technology Spotlight 4/27/10 "Trailer Invention"
- Technology Spotlight 5/4/10 "Digital Media Program"
- Technology Spotlight 5/11/10 "Network Neutrality"