Technology Spotlight 11/9/10 "Medical Sterilization Process"
Dressing battlefield wounds may be a "down and dirty" process. But its just as essential to keep surgical instruments sterilized in the field as in the operating room.
A new process developed here in North Central Florida may change how wounds are treated in Afghanistan. And its a quantum leap forward in speeding up the sterilization process. In the Technology Spotlight, Subrata Roy, Ph.D., of the Applied Physics Research program at UF and Sestar Medical, describes to TV 20's David Snyder there are many other applications for the process.
- Family Spotlight 3/24/11 "Medal of Honor Day"
- Technology Spotlight 11/1/11 "Natural Language Processing"
- Technology Spotlight 3/30/10 "Glaucoma Medication"
- "Tina" Trains Medical Professionals
- Medical Spotlight 3/29/10 "Incontinence Sling"
- Medical Spotlight 4/12/10 "Cord Blood Stem Cells"
- Medical Spotlight 4/19/10 "Matching Stem Cell Donors"
- Medical Spotlight 4/26/10 "Robotic Gastric Bypass Surgery"
- Medical Spotlight 5/3/10 "Nursing Shortage"
- Medical Spotlight 5/10/10 "Brain Tumor Treatment"