David Day Part 1
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- David Day, University of Florida's Assistant Vice President for Technology Commercialization and Director of the Office of Technology Licensing will be retiring after sixteen years.
"These wonderful scientist that are employed by UF, invent things like Gatorade, " said Day. "What we do is help the scientists take these technologies and get them into startup companies and existing companies, so people invest millions of dollars and bring new products to the market."
Day says the office has come a long way over time... from initially producing around fifteen deals a year.
"From those first fifteen to twenty deals a year we did over one hundred last year, and beat our previous record by 150%," said Day. "This always puts us at the top ten in the U.S."
UF's Innovation Hub and Sid Martin Biotechnology Insitute then take startups from Day's office, and help them find capitol and growth.
"Matter of fact, in the last eight years, the Sid Martin graduates have raised 1.6 billion dollars and have created a lot of jobs in this community.
Day says every day, the Office of Technology Licensing tries to have fun, be happy, and make the world a better place.
"We (UF) are the flagship in the state of Florida, so we have a state-wide duty beyond Gainesville," said Day. "The startups that we've created account for ten-thousand plus jobs per year around the state. We are a force for good in Florida's future."
- David Day Part 2
- Tech Tuesday: Startup Weekend 2017
- Tech Tuesday: LiteSwap, Inc.
- Tech Tuesday: VSCAPE
- Gainesville's Innovators GAIN Support 3/13/12
- UF's Innovation Hub receives grant to expand
- CurtCo Robb Media Comes to Innovation Square, Plans to Recruit Talent
- Technology Spotlight 6/21/11 "Innovation Square Moves Ahead"
- Tech Tuesday: Sid Martin Biotechnology Development Institute
- Sabal Trail pipeline protesters arrested