American Woman Among Two Journalists Killed in Syria
BEIRUT (AP) - An American woman is among two journalists who've been killed today in Syrian shelling of an opposition stronghold in the city of Homs.
Marie Colvin, who was working for Britain's Sunday Times, died along with a French photojournalist. Activists say today's shelling claimed at least 13 lives.
France's president says, "That's enough now, the regime must go."
Colvin, from Oyster Bay, New York, was a war reporter who had covered conflicts from Sri Lanka to Syria. She had been a foreign correspondent for The Sunday Times in Britain for the past two decades.
- Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese journalist
- Funeral for Journalist Killed
- McCain Calls for US to Lead on Syria Airstrikes
- Obama Torn on Attacking Syria
- Syria Strike Possibility Rattles Markets
- Germany Pessimistic on World Agreement Over Syria
- Cease-Fire Negotiations Underway in Syria
- Obama Pledges Continued Pressure on Syria
- Main Players in Syria's Civil War
- US and 5 Arab nations attack IS in Syria