Deadly Bus Accident In Ecuador
Authorites in Ecuador said a bus toppled over a cliff on a northern road, killing 27 adults and two children on Sunday.
The driver died in the accident.
It's also reported that an additional 27 people were injured.
Local police said the bus ran off the road near Quajara.
National transit police chief, Juan Ruales, said preliminary information pointed to the driver not having the route assigned, which would mean he had not been officially authorized to make the trip.
A red cross official blamed speeding for the accident.
- Two Years Since Deadly Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan
- Deadly Chopper Crash in Afghanistan
- Six Dead After Powerful Earthquake Strikes Off Chile's Coast
- Univeristy of Florida Police Officer Involved In Accident
- One Year Since Sinkhole Accident
- Scooter Accident Injures Woman
- Teenager Dies in Motocross Accident
- Two teenagers in critical condition after a car accident in Marion County
- Fatal Bus Accident Kills One
- School Bus Accident