Earthquake Victims Remembered
It's been a year since a deadly earthquake rocked Christchurch, New Zealand.
Today officials gathered for a civic memorial service in honor of those who lost their lives.
The 6.3 magnitude quake shook the city for a matter of seconds, but it was long enough to kill 195 people from 14 countires.
Many more were hurt.
Christchurch remains locked in recovery mode and construction has started on several commercial buildings in the city.
Many residents have either sold their destroyed property to the state or cut ties with the area.
- Two Years Since Deadly Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan
- New World Trade Center
- Local Missionaries Help Earthquake Victims
- Gainesville Airport Collects 8,000 Shoes For Haiti Earthquake Victims
- Earthquake Hits Mexico
- No Sign of Tsunamis After 8.6 Earthquake
- Community Gathers to Remember Charlie & Braden Powell
- Anti-Death Penalty Supporters Remember Executed Man
- American Red Cross Seeking Donations For Victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Massive Mexican Meth Bust