Global Bank Hub Ready to Implement Iran Sanctions
BRUSSELS (AP) - An international banking clearinghouse says it's ready to implement EU and U.S. sanctions against Iran as soon as it gets some clarification.
The Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication is crucial to Iran's oil sales. The sanction stem from Tehran's nuclear program.
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says it's up to Iran to disprove allegations that it is secretly developing nuclear weapons. Speaking to reporters today after attending ceremonies marking the 15th anniversary of the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization, Ban says Tehran's claims that it has not worked on developing atomic arms are not convincing.
Ban Ki-moon also warns against possible military action against Iran, saying "there is no alternative" to diplomatic pressure in the standoff over its nuclear program.
- Israel Says Iran Sanctions Are Not Working
- Iran Ready to Resume Nuclear Talks
- US Sees Chance for Diplomacy to Work in Iran Talks
- Iran Announces Nuclear Advances
- Alachua County School Board Debates Implementing School Uniforms
- Gainesville City Leaders Debate Implementing Fire Assessment Fees
- Breaking Ground for Innovation Hub
- First Day for Innovation Hub at UF
- Florida Innovation Hub Dedication
- Innovation Hub