Erupted Volcano In Hawaii Sweeps The Area
Lava consumed a Hawaii man's home on Saturday.
Jack Thompson went back to see the damage at his place near the active Kilauea Volcano.
His was the last remaining home in the area.
Thompson said it looked like the surface of the moon.
Fortunately for him, he did have time to escape with some of his things.
Over the past 30 years, Thompson says the lava swallowed up all the homes in the subdivision, sparing his, until now.
- Volcano Continues Eruption
- Storms Taking Aim At Hawaii
- Door to Door Scams Sweep Through the Area
- GOP Candidate Rick Santorum Sweeps Three States
- 2 killed as storms sweep across several states
- Massive Mexican Meth Bust
- Two Years Since Deadly Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan
- The Pope's Final Speech
- Area Syrian-Americans Weigh in on Overseas Crisis
- Area 96 Year Old World War II Veteran Awarded Bronze Star