China Diplomatic Crisis
Published April 30th, 2012
The United States is scrambling to contain a diplomatic crisis with China this morning.
On the eve of important talks between the two nations, a blind Chinese activist, Chen Guangcheng, is believed to be under the protection of American officials.
Demonstrators in Hong Kong gathered today over his fate, as the United States manages the difficult diplomatic situation.
Chen was forced to live under house arrest before making a daring escape from captivity last week.
He was persecuted by the government because he spoke out against disabled people's rights and exposed forced abortions in the communist nation.
A United States rights campaigner says a deal to secure the activist a U.S asylum could come in the next day or so.
- Obama Urges World Leaders To Pressure Russia Out Of Crimea Through Legal And Diplomatic Actions
- Flu Widespread, California Gets the Chills, and China Capital Pollution Spike.
- Jimmy Carter Focusing on China Relations
- Area Syrian-Americans Weigh in on Overseas Crisis
- North Central Floridians React to Egyptian Crisis
- Possible Deal In Ukraine Crisis
- Students Released After Quarantine in China
- UF Professor Examines Crisis in Syria
- Florida's Foreclosure Crisis
- North Central Florida Abuse Crisis Programs Get Thousands in Stimulus Money