Taliban Attack on Kabul Ends Monday
Published April 16th, 2012
An 18-hour Taliban attack on the Afghan capital ended early on Monday when insurgents who had holed up overnight in two buildings, were overcome by heavy gunfire from Afghan-led forces.
Kabul residents had woken up to a second day of loud explosions and the crackle of gunfire.
Afghan-led forces fired one rocket-propelled grenade after another into a building in the centre of the city where insurgents began their attack on Sunday. Fighting there and at the Afghan parliament building on the southwest side of the city ended just before 8 A.M. local time.
- Store Owners Attack Robbers With Bear Spray
- Florida Funeral Planned for US Officer Killed in Kabul
- Detour in High Springs Starting Monday April 14th
- City of Gainesville's Early Voting Starts Monday
- One Man Multi-State Crime Spree Ends in Florida
- Alligator attacks man
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- Massive Mexican Meth Bust
- Stolen Items End Up At Yard Sale
- High Speed Chase Ends With Dramatic Crash