Pollution in London
Allergists warn that London's air pollution could cause breathing problems for Olympic athletes.
One specialist say the amount of nitrogen dioxide in London is comparable to the level in Beijing before the Chinese government banned half the cars there in preparation for the 2008 games.
Doctor William Silvers warns that athletes, particularly marathon runners, with asthma or other exercise-induced respiratory problems could have trouble.
- Flu Widespread, California Gets the Chills, and China Capital Pollution Spike.
- Gator Marching Band Heading to London for Olympics
- Mitt Romney Doesn't Impress London
- Chinese Protest Pollution
- Massive Mexican Meth Bust
- Two Years Since Deadly Earthquake and Tsunami Hit Japan
- The Pope's Final Speech
- Deadly Chopper Crash in Afghanistan
- Jimmy Carter Focusing on China Relations
- Al Qaeda Backed Magazine Encouraging Boston-Like Bombings