Nelson Mandela in Critical Condition
Nelson Mandela's health has deteriorated and he is now in critical condition.
That is according to a release from the South African government yesterday.
The country's president said in a statement that he had visited the 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader at a hospital Sunday evening and was informed by the medical team that Mandela's condition had become critical in the past twenty-four hours.
Just last week, reports came out saying Mandela was getting better.
Mandela has been in the hospital since June 8th for a recurring lung infection.
Officials say doctors are doing all they can to get the former president better.
- Nelson Mandela Back in Hospital
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Toddlers Found in Pool, in Critical Condition
- UPDATE: One dead, One Police Officer in Critical Condition After Altercation Outside Restaurant
- One Man Still In Critical Condition After Shooting In Lake Butler
- Five-Month-Old Dead, Mom and Big Sister in Critical Condition
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition
- Morning Accident Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- Two teenagers in critical condition after a car accident in Marion County