Relief Efforts Underway in Philippines
PHILIPPINES- Relief operations are underway in the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan.
The death toll is now expected to be well below the original estimate of 10,000, according to the Filipino president.
Thousands of victims are still struggling to survive with only minimal amounts of water, food and medical supplies.
There were reports of gunfire clashes over supplies, attacks on aid convoys, and a stampede for goods that killed eight people.
The United States is sending a minimum of ten C130 aircrafts for help.
Besides large scale destruction, there is now growing concern for the spread of disease.
- State Emergency Workers Coordinate Haiti Relief Efforts
- How To Help: Local Haiti Relief Efforts
- Haiti 2 years Later...Relief Efforts Continue
- Gainesville Residents Wait to Hear From Their Family in the Philippines
- Cease-Fire Negotiations Underway in Syria
- Gainesville Residents Seeking Donations for Philippines Flood Victims
- Voting Underway in Primary
- Investigation Underway After Dog Mistakenly Killed
- Wild Waters Re-Opens, Renovation Still Underway
- Renovations at Historic Ritz Underway