Dozens killed, hundreds more injured in latest major earthquake to strike Nepal
Published May 12th, 2015
KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) - Nepal's Home Ministry has raised the death toll from the latest quake to at least 36, while saying another 1,117 people had been injured.
The magnitude-7.3 quake hit hardest in remote mountain districts northeast of the capital of Nepal, terrifying a nation already shell-shocked by a more powerful quake on April 25 that killed more than 8,000 and flattened entire villages.
Information was slow to reach the capital after Tuesday's quake, but officials and aid workers said they expected the death toll to almost certainly rise.
(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- DEVELOPING: Dozens Killed in Oklahoma Tornado
- South African Gold Miners Go On Strike
- Syria Strike Possibility Rattles Markets
- Church Van Crash Kills 1, Injures More than a Dozen
- 3 Dead, 8 Injured After Vehicle Hits, Kills Bear
- 2 Teenage Girls Killed in Asiana Crash Landing
- Suicide Bomb Shootings Kill Nine in Northern Iraq
- Rivers Receding in Calgary After Flooding Kills Three