Medical Spotlight: Controlling Childhood Asthma
On today's Medical Spotlight is Dr. Leslie Hendeles, a professor of Pharmacy and Pediatrics at the University of Florida.
For more information about controlling your child's asthma, click here. More information is also available on the UF Pediatric Pulmonary & Allergy Division's website.
Does Your Child Have Asthma? Your child may be eligible to participate in a 6-month study evaluating a combination of two asthma drugs. The study involves 6 visits, each about two long.
If qualified, your child will receive at no charge:
- Examination and care by a lung doctor while in the study
- Study medications
- Compensation up to $1,000 for time spent during the visits
For additional information contact:
The Asthma Research Lab at the University of Florida
or toll free from outside Gainesville
1 (877) 429-1302
8a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Medical Spotlight: Childhood Obesity
- Medical Spotlight: Common Skin Types Amongst Children
- Medical Spotlight: Asthma Awareness
- Medical Spotlight: New Advances in Treating Coronary Blockages
- Medical Spotlight: Atrial Fibrillation
- Medical Spotlight: Understanding Heart Health
- Medical Spotlight: Great American Smoke Out
- Medical Spotlight: Back to School Health Tips for Parents
- Medical Spotlight: Brain Awareness Week
- Medical Spotlight: Breastfeeding and Breast Cancer