Your Health: Painting Up Support For Alzheimer's Care
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Eldercare programs in North Central Florida often have to get creative when trying to raise funds to help their clients already affected by Alzheimer's Disease.
An upcoming benefit will raise money for Al'z Place, an ElderCare facility in Gainesville. The event, Moonlight and Martinis, will feature an auction that includes paintings made by the Alzheimer's patients.
Guided painting lessons were given to patients by the Art Without Boundaries Association, a non profit using art exercises to stimulate brain function.
The 7th annual Moonlight and Martinis takes place at 7 pm Saturday, for more informion visit: http://eldercare.ufhealth.org/2014/01/06/6th-annual-moonlight-and-martinis/
- Your Health: Alzheimer's Awareness Month
- Your Health: New Research Explores the Link Between Periodontal Disease and Diabetes
- Your Health: Women's Wellness In The New Year
- Battling Alzheimer's
- Your Health: Ringing In A Victory Against Children's Cancer
- Your Health: The 'Gastric Sleeve' Bariatric Surgery
- Peanut Butter Smell Test May Help Diagnose Alzheimer's Disease
- Your Health: Treating Concussions
- Your Health: Beating Breast Cancer
- Your Health: The Role Genetic Counseling Can Play in the Fight Against Breast Cancer