Wellness Walks Program Combating Obesity In Alachua County
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Wellness Walks program creators Dr. Norman and Roslyn Levy joined TV20's Emily Burris on Morning Edition to talk about the health benefits of walking.
The Wellness Walks began as a 10-week initiative of COACH, a program in Alachua County fighting obesity. COACH, created by the Alachua County Medical Society and Alliance, focuses on creating county-wide partnerships working to improve the health of Alachua County residents.
Currently, the Alachua County Department of Health is hosting evening walks on Mondays and Wednesdays. Several people have also started their own neighborhood walks.
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Program Combats Growing Infectious Disease Problem
- 5/20/13 Fitzness Minute: Amp up your Walks
- Your Fitness: group exercise with 'Body Combat'
- Your Health: Women's Wellness In The New Year
- PHIT America Works to Fight Obesity and Inactivity
- Medical Spotlight: Childhood Obesity
- Doctors Hope Classifying Obesity as a Disease Leads to More Treatment
- 10/28/13 Fitzness Minute: Charity Walk/Runs
- Summer Shape Up: The Benefits of Walking
- Health Department Finds Record Number of Mosquitoes in Alachua County