Can Happiness Lead To Better Health?
Doctors are saying that happiness might really be able to keep you active.
A new study finds that people who really enjoy life are physically more active as they age than those who are more negative.
The study was recently published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal. It looked at 3,200 English men and women aged 60 or older and followed them for 8 years. Researchers divided them into different age groups and had them rate their life enjoyments on a four-point happiness scale.
One-on-one interviews were also conducted about their physical movements.
Authors of the study found that older people who are happier have a slower decline in physical well-being and are more likely to be able to take care of themselves as they age.
The people who were said to enjoy life less, were more than three times more likely as their more positive counterparts to develop problems in their daily physical activities as they aged.
- Your Health: Tips For Better Sleep
- Yoga poses you can do at home
- Pregnancy Can Increase Heart Attack Chances
- Tanning Beds Can Lead to More Than Cancer
- Do Women Know Enough About Their Health?
- Your Health: Age and Exercise
- Your Health: The Role Genetic Counseling Can Play in the Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Your Health: Can Probiotics Hurt You?
- HIT Training With GHF
- Treating Back Pain With GHF