Your Health: Raiding the Refrigerator
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- If you open your fridge and the first thing you see is a can of soda or a jar of nacho cheese, you may be ready for a makeover.
Keeping your refrigerator stocked with appetizing foods that also happen to be good for you makes you more likely to eat healthy meals and healthy snacks.
We will help you change the way you eat by changing what’s in your fridge and where it’s placed.
First, think about where you put healthy food.
You are more likely to see, eat, and enjoy healthy foods if they're in a ready-to-eat form, staring at you from the eye-level shelves in your refrigerator.
Your grab and go foods are on the second shelf where they stay fresher longer and your tempting foods are stashed out of sight.
We all have our special treats, like ice cream, and to manage the temptation so it’s on an occasional indulgence, buy a smaller container and put it on the bottom shelf of the freezer, in the very back.
In this segment, we will review breakfast protein shakes, salad dressing, and frozen entrees scrutinizing sugar content and the ingredient list with special attention on sodium and preservatives.
The take-away, pick one item in your fridge that you want to replace with a healthy alternative whether it’s one of these foods or ditching the ketchup for salsa, replacing the concentrated fruit juice with juice diluted with seltzer water, switching the 2% milk for skim, or exchanging mellow cheese for fuller flavored cheeses (and use less).
For more information visit http://www.ghfc.com/
- Your Fitness: The Best Dish to Have in Your Fridge
- Your Health: Excercises for Improving Posture
- Your Health: Resolution Reboot Part 2
- Gainesville Health & Fitness Glute Exercises
- Gainesville Health & Fitness: Yoga Tips
- Gainesville Health and Fitness: Stadiums
- Your Health: Fighting The Snack Attack
- Your Health: Resolution Reboot
- Your Health: Resistance Band Exercises To Tone Your Whole Body
- Your Health: Resistance Band Exercises To Tone Your Whole Body Pt. 2